Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Billboard: Nothing is Impossible

The meal had been served.

The table had been cleared.

The presents had been opened.

Set before me, the cake was ablaze with candles (lots of candles!) and the people sang "Happy Birthday"...none more loudly than True Princess G.A..

I sat there enveloped by love in the glow of the candlelight rehearsing my wish.  I had one chance to voice what was in my heart and I wanted every word to be just right.

With the last "Cha!  Cha!  Cha!", I boldly shared my heart's desire with God, the God of the Universe.


  • I wished that by the time my birthday came around again I would at least have a photo of Thunder and Lightning.  
  • I wished that in a year's time, I would know who they were. If they weren't beside me, I would have at least met them, or know that I would be on my way to meet them soon.  
  • I wished that I would be celebrating my next birthday as the mother of five children.


Then I blew out the candles...the kids helped (lots of candles!)...people cheered.

I breathed a sigh of relief.

My wish had been made.  I gave it to God.

Fast forward 11 months 3 weeks and 5 days.  My wish has not come true.

If I've been asked once I've been asked twenty times,

"What do you want for your birthday?"

My reply is short, sweet, and sincere,

"I want my wish to come true!"

In forty-eight hours, the bell will toll.

The year will expire.

Will I get my wish?

I don't know, but I am a believer traveling down 'the Adoption Highway', changing lanes, dodging the enemy, facing the Giants, trusting in God who is large and in charge..."and nothing will be impossible with God." Luke 1:37




1 comment: