Friday, August 17, 2012

Day 24: Amazing Grace

This has been a week of staying close to the phone...so close that we have not set foot out the apartment for two days in a row, and today, by far, has been my hardest day.

I had a pit in my stomach.  I couldn't stop staring at the phone or stalking my email.  I couldn't concentrate on anything for long.  I took a lot of deep breaths and sighed a lot.  I felt my face tight and in a scowl most of the day.

BUT God...

When this momma failed to be as attentive as usual, when she failed to really listen, when she was slow to smile, and slow to engage in family activities, Thunder and Lightning showed uncommon favor and amazing grace.

They gave spontaneous hugs and smiles.

They peacefully occupied themselves.

They sang.

They danced.

They made a band out of kitchen pots and pans and utensils.

They put their swim suits on and played in the bathtub.

They colored and painted and crafted and did puzzles.

They played LEGOs.

They unconditionally loved their momma, and this momma realized in a humbling moment just how blessed she was.

"Accept each day just as it comes to you.  Do not waste your time and energy wishing for a different set of circumstances.  Instead, trust Me enough to yield to My design and purposes.  Remember that nothing can separate you from My loving presence; you are Mine."  
from Jesus Calling



  

No comments:

Post a Comment