Thursday, October 13, 2011

Bill Board: Dream a Little Dream





Once upon a time a baby was born in our land, a real princess, True Princess G.A.  This summer we celebrated her birthday with a NOT So Bummer Summer Super Duper Thrill-A-Delic Double Dare 7th Birthday Shindig and it was a super duper sensational social event!

(Yes!  I do get a little excited about birthdays.)

Soon after, Kind-Hearted Warrior S.T. became a real young man celebrating his thirteenth birthday poolside with his family and his football team.

My nephew has turned ONE!  My niece is sweet SIXTEEN.

Through the migrant ministry we were honored to sing "Feliz Cumpleanos" to Huli and Cassandra as they celebrated summer birthdays and were showered with gifts.  The smiles on their faces were priceless!


Yes!  I do love birthdays...the baking, the decorating, the party planning...the whole kit and caboodle.  A birthday reminds us that we were created by God for God, each with a purpose and a plan ordained by Him.    

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."  
Psalm 139:13-14


Admittedly, these parties have inspired me to dream a little dream.

I dream of celebrating future birthdays with Thunder and Lightning...celebrating the very special boys that God has created.  I dream of watching them discover who they are in Christ.  I dream of watching God's plan and purpose for their lives unfold before my eyes year after year...cake after cake...birthday after birthday.

Now that all of the action has died down and the summer party season has passed for another year, only two candles remain in the party supply drawer...a number 1 and a number 3.

Hmmm...I am inspired to dream a little dream.


No comments:

Post a Comment