Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pit Stop: Waiting

I am really beginning to understand that waiting is not an interruption of God's plan.  It IS His plan.  And I cannot deny that God is working overtime to drive this point home to me.

He continues to remind me daily that my help comes from Him, the Maker of heaven and earth.  When my eyes wander from Him and focus on my circumstances, His word from the Psalms speaks to me, "The LORD will keep you from all harm.  He will watch over your life; the LORD will watch over your coming and going both now and forever more."

I have been reading the accounts of Abraham, Isaac, Joseph and David, men of God from the Old Testament, who waited and waited and waited on the Lord to fulfill His promises.  I have realized that in order for me to effectively move through this season of waiting, I must immerse myself in continually seeking to understand the very nature of God.  I must constantly meditate on the fact that He is the Creator, the "One Who Sees", the Counselor, the Friend, the Provider, the Healer, the Redeemer, the "One From Whom All Blessings Flow", the Judge, the Father, the Eternal, the All-Knowing.  To sustain myself through the wait without being discouraged, frustrated, depressed, or angry, I must know, trust, and believe in the very character and promises of our Heavenly Father because there is an enemy seeking to destroy and devour by scattering seeds of doubt all along The Highway of Life.

As I wait I must also hope...waiting without hope is futile.  When I focus on who God is, what He has done, what He is doing, and what He will do, I can wait confidently knowing that something special will take place.  God is able and, as a believer, I have the privilege of praying expectantly.

"God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits,
to the woman who diligently seeks.
It is a good thing to quietly hope,
quietly hope for help from God."
Lamentations 3:25-26 (the Message)

I love that this version of the text says that 'God proves to be good to the man who passionately waits.'

God expects us to wait eagerly, enthusiastically, intensely, AND excitedly.  I believe that God is looking for this type of response from us during the periods of waiting that He has ordained.  I believe that when we embrace the wait, we reveal our faith in Him.  In essence, He is glorified when we wait passionately, and, therefore, the enemy suffers a debilitating blow!

Ultimately, this season of waiting is for me.  It is about the molding and shaping of my character.  It is about my relationship with the One who made me in His image for Himself....I am made by God, for God...to praise, worship, and respond passionately to every season in my life.


PEACE during the wait = trusting in the PRINCIPLES+PROMISES+POWER+PURPOSE of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment