Monday, March 12, 2012

Ordinary Angels (Part II)

If I had to guess, I'd say she was from the islands...the Caribbean Islands.

She was tall and dark.  Her hair was adorned with beautiful beads and her dress was long and flowing.  When she spoke, her speech had a sing song quality to it.  It was melodious.

I listened to every word she said to my husband as she took his fingerprints during our walk-in visit to the local USCIS Field Office.

He told her that we were adopting.  He shared details about the children we already have as well as his excitement about the two we will be bringing home from Colombia South America.

Then it was my turn.

She, the same tall, dark woman with the beautifully beaded hair, long flowing dress, and melodious, sing-song voice called my name, but she did not actually speak TO me.  She just went on like this:

"Oh, so you are adoptin'!  Congratulations!
It is a beautiful thing, yes it is.  A beautiful thing.
Oh, you are gonna love it.  It will be so much fun.
It's a beautiful thing.  It's a beautiful thing.
I bet you've had some trainin' and done lots o' paperwork.
Oh, yes, lots o' paperwork.
But it's a beautiful thing.
Ya know sometimes people give up because of the paperwork.
It's so much and takes so long."

Then she looked me square in the eyes.

"Oh, Lady, don't you give up now.
This is a beautiful thing you're doin'.
It's a beautiful thing.  A beautiful thing.
I can tell you're gonna have fun.  Don't give up, Lady.
Oh, no, don't give up.  Keep goin', Lady.
It's such a beautiful thing...a beautiful thing...a beautiful thing."

She wiped my fingertips redoing two of my prints then said,

"You'll get a letter in the mail soon, Lady.
Then you go get those precious children and bring them home.
It's gonna be fun.  Ya gonna love it.
Oh, yes, it's a beautiful thing!  A beautiful thing."

To my ears, on that day, Jesus was singing me a song...a song He chose to deliver by way of an Ordinary Angel.  Thank you, Jesus.  Thank you.

"Because you are Mine, you don't just pass time in your waiting.  You can wait expectantly, in hopeful trust. Keep your 'antennae' out to pick up even the faintest glimmer of My presence."
Sarah Young from Jesus Calling

No comments:

Post a Comment