Thursday, July 7, 2011

USE CAUTION: Deep Trenches Ahead

"One of the ways to spread the love of Christ is through our selfless acts of love and serving another. It's not easy to share in someone's burden especially when that burden is great. But it is right. It is good. It's what Jesus does for us."

I have been in the trenches for two weeks now with 'the least of these' (see previous post). Visiting the migrant camp, serving lunch, and getting knee deep in the trench of someone else's burden has been a daily occurrence for me and the kids. Overwhelmed by the need, the darkness, and the hunger...we go because it is RIGHT and it is GOOD!

The first question that the priest and the Levite asked was: "If I stop to help this man, what will happen to me?" But the Good Samaritan reversed the question: "If I do not stop to help the man, what will happen to him?"
Martin Luther King, Jr.


No comments:

Post a Comment