Friday, June 8, 2012

Roadsign: Childlike Faith

12  "Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity."  1Timothy4:12

My children amaze me, and  I mean that sincerely.

They don't just amaze me as MY children; they amaze me as people.

To Fair Maiden L.K.,
You are my firstborn and my jewel.  You are a beautiful young lady who has determined to live her life for Jesus and not only do you talk the talk, but you walk the walk...and that IS so hard sometimes, but you rarely fail.  Your commitment to your faith is astounding.  I watch you meet every challenge with confidence and assurance that you are His and He will not forsake you.  I see you devote time to reading scripture and digging deeper into His word, not the things of this world.   I love your determination to fulfill your destiny and avoid the traps of the enemy.  You have a heart to serve and you understand sacrifice of time and possessions.  I am amazed that your one and only desire is to please Him.  I love your passion for knowledge and your commitment to spending time with the Lord.  I love hearing you sing in the shower, belting out praise to your Holy maker.  Your love and generosity are overwhelming to me.
"Every time I think of you, I give thanks to my God." Philippians 1:3

To Kind-Hearted Warrior S.T.,
You are my first born son and my prize.  As a young boy, we called you 'the Preacher' because of your love for church and Sunday school and the Bible were so apparent.  You were always brave enough to sit with me in the front row to listen to a sermon.  You were the first to want to be baptized.  You gave your life to Jesus at a tender young age.  You walk the straight and narrow and for the most part recognize the enemy that lurks.  Even with your quiet spirit, you have always been one to fit in easily with a crowd.  You are the kid that everyone calls "friend".  In my eyes, your greatest gift is intercession.  Your prayers are moving and sincere.  Your heart has always ached for others.  You boldly approach the throne of the Almighty with a heart for the salvation, healing, and comfort of others.  You are an inspiration to me.  I love your passion for people and your desire to serve.
"And Jesus grew in wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and men." Luke 2:52 

To True Princess G.A.,
You are my baby girl and my treasure.  You have shown evidence of knowing Jesus as your Friend and Savior as early as your preschool days.  Though you have asked questions, you have never doubted His love or His provision.  Throughout your young life, He has been your Strength and your Rock.  As a kindergartner you told me that God spoke to you and asked you to stay in the public school system even though your siblings were homeschooled.  You said He wanted you to be able to tell your friends about Him.  You told me that He wanted to use you, and He has!  You are a peacemaker and a friend to all.  You are inspired and joyful and sincere.  I love the songs you write about God and His love.  I cherish the prayers you script that express your dependence on and your faith in Him.  God has big plans for you, my dear.
"Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.  And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matthew 28:19-20

Throughout this crazy, twisted, crooked journey on 'the Adoption Highway', my children have risen to the occasion time and time again.  They have ministered to me.  They have astonished me.  God has used them as mighty and powerful instruments of faith and prayer in my life.  I have watched them live out their faith and really put it to work.  They have walked through the valleys...celebrated on the mountaintops...and weathered the storms with grace and noteworthy character.

I am blessed!

My children understand that life is a great adventure.  They understand that they have a divine destiny and they are called to fulfill a great mission.  They know they have a purpose and even at their tender young ages, they have begun to live it out.  My children can see a person's heart.  My children can love because they understand that He first loved them.  Everything they do comes from the overflow.  They have an attitude of service and jump at the opportunity to be a blessing to others.

My children are full of wonder.  They are amazed by God.  They are overwhelmed by His creation and His love.  They accept that the Lord loves them and will lead them.  My children recognize God as the source of every good and perfect gift.  They know that all they are and all they have comes from their Heavenly Father.

My children have grown to new levels of dependence on Christ throughout this journey.  They are as hopeful today as they were when it all started.  With hearts surrendered and arms open wide, they, too, have embraced the challenges of traveling on this highway.

Thank you, my children, for being examples of faith in my life...childlike faith.  Thank you for living lives of love and purity.

"I tell you the truth, anyone who will not receive the kingdom of God like a child will never enter it."  Mark 10:15


No comments:

Post a Comment